Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl

We headed out to some friends' house for the Super Bowl tonight. I tried to bake oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, and I thought it was a disaster...but it ended up ok. I have a flare for the dramatic, I suppose. On another note, my friends are excellent cooks, so we definitely indulged on great chili, bbq chicken, many different dips (including rotel dip and many other delicious creations), Will's famous shortbread cookies, lots of fruit and other snacks. 

Anyway...we showed up at the Casa de Henderson, and immediately entered a hilarious situation.  My boys wore their fireman and police man costumes, because they ALWAYS do...and the other kids were also in costume. Soren was dressed as a transformer, and Genevieve was a Mizzou cheerleader. Josiah was jealous, so he became a transformer too.  Of course, I had to take pictures.  Without further adieu...

So we have, from left to right...sweet girl, transformer, another transformer, fireman, cheerleader and policeman.  I am aware that not everyone is looking at the camera, but YOU try to take a good picture of 6 children under 5 years old...not so easy!
These 3 have been big time buddies pretty much since birth.  Ainsley is getting to a bit of a "no boys" stage, I think.  Or maybe she just doesn't like these 2.  I can't imagine why...they are so docile. This picture makes me laugh every time I look at it. 
She is not your average cheerleader.  This girl is TOUGH!
Benny spilled a whole glass of water on his shirt.  I think it was just a ploy to wear his normal outfit.  Camo pants and no shirt. Yep, that is pretty much his favorite uniform.  Anyway...the hilarity ensued with some jumping on the bed.  (We tried to stop them, but I had to take pictures too...so I couldn't put the smack down too hard)
My son.  I am so proud.  Josiah is very impressed as well. Watch out Sarah...you might not want to let your son hang out with my kids too long!
These two are really sweet.  Every group needs someone to remain calm and restore order.  That is the function of these two darlings.
These two are sweet too...just not in the same way. They like to get rowdy.
Remember that polar bear commercial that was one several times? Well, Genevieve and Soren were very interested in that one. 
Thanks for the awesome time, friends.  At the end of the night Hunter summed it up best:

"I had a really really fun watching the football game!"

I am not even sure who was playing.

OK, that is not really true, but may as well be. I have no clue who won, nor do I care.

No comments: