Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Love

When I first held my four-year-old son, Hunter in my arms, I was consumed with an overwhelming love. A love I couldn't have imagined before I knew it. Almost immediately, the thought occurred to me: God loves this child even more than I do. It was almost impossible for me to grasp that there existed an even deeper, all-consuming love. One that only comes from the Creator of life.

That same God loves Anjalesa more than we do. He cares for her in an all-consuming way that I can not even imagine. Religion can be a legitimate means for some to connect with God, it certainly helps me, but it is not the only way.

God is Love. Where there is Love, there is God.

Anjalesa's life was cut short, by our standards, on February 18, 2013. In the last couple years of her life, she fell in love with my brother Ray, and we all fell in love with her. They were married last May. Any time someone asked me over the past year or so "so...how is your family?" my response always included Anjalesa. She completed a puzzle. She brightened a room. She is Loved.

Tell the people you love that you love them. Live every day with gratitude. Know that You are loved like that too. Regardless of your beliefs, the creator of the world loves you with an all-consuming Love too. That I know for sure.

1 comment:

ERinHS said...

Anjalesa was a genuinely bright star whose light came and went way too quickly. I had the privilege of working with her at her job until I moved to Texas last year. Thoughts and prayers are with the family for comfort during this time of great loss, God is good and I know heaven is a little brighter today with Anjalesa there.