Thursday, October 6, 2011

Closet talker

Benny Boo is a closet talker.

Normally, he just goes "eh eh" and points when he wants something. Or he screams, or he climbs to the highest point and tried to get it himself. It's annoying, and a little frightening, but I guess it works for him. I have no concerns about his hearing or comprehension, because he follows directions well (when he feels like it).

However, there is some evidence as of late that he actually CAN talk. In fact, when I picked him up from the babysitter the other day, she told me he was a closet talker. I had suspected him of that too but didn't have much evidence.

Kelly (babysitter) said that he has been counting and saying "Hunter" clearly. I've never heard him do either one. This weekend, I was trying to distract both of my kids so I could get something done, so I used television (very effective babysitter by the way). I said "Who wants to watch bubble guppies?" Benny Boo dropped his toy and ran over to the tv, and said, clear as a bell "BUBBLE GUPPIES!!"

Raising children never ceases to amaze me.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Possibly the cutest kid ever. You must be a very proud momma!