Saturday, November 19, 2011

Benny Boo Too

Both of my kids are hilarious. The thing is that Hunter's sense of humor is easier to explain because he uses words. Benny is more action-focused. As in, he is still not talking hardly at all: he says "daddy" "hot" "uh oh" and "ball" and then he randomly pulls other words out of his hat that he refuses to repeat. But, I already blogged about his closet-talking.

I am going to try to tell a Benny story. If it doesn't make you laugh, I guess that means you had to be there, but I'll try anyway.

Before bed, I sit in his chair holding him, and gives him a bottle of milk. Then we sing to him, turn on a boxfan for sound, and put him in bed. This all happens at 7:00 SHARP or he turns into a little Whiny McWhinerson. (I know he is too old for a bottle, my mom has told me 1,000 times, but I am his mom and I say he gets a bottle, whatever)

Anyway, last night at 6:54, he looked at me, ran over to the fridge and yelled "BOTTLE!" so I started to make his bottle. Once that was ready, I said "Hunter, I'll be back in a minute, I'm going to put Benny to bed. Benny, tell your brother goodnight" so my sweet little Benny climbed over the mountain of blocks in the middle of the floor and went over to where Hunter was sitting, gave him a kiss on the head and then came over to me, grabbed my hand and started walking to his room. Once we got to his room, he turned on his box fan and climbed in my lap. He took like 3 swigs off his bottle, set the bottle on the little table, and pointed to his bed. I put him in bed and didn't hear another peep from him.

He decided it was bedtime, so he took control!

Ok, that doesn't sound that funny, but it was!

No comments: