Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Joy



When I think of the word JOY, this is the first face that comes into my mind...
My sweet second child, Benny Boo. This kid has been giggling and smiling, pretty much since Day 1. When I was pregnant with Ben, I wondered, "will I ever love anyone as much as I love Hunter?" I knew that I would, but it was so hard for me to visualize. The truth is, YES, I DO love Ben as much as Hunter, but I love him differently. He holds a completely separate place in my heart, and brings me joy in a whole new way. It is hard to explain unless you have experienced it, but it is true that a parent's love is exponential, and unending.

Since my last post was about Hunter, I thought I should probably give Benny Boo his own post too. Suffice it to say that Benny is the sweetest, cuddliest, happiest and most contented baby I know (unless he is teething or sick...different story) and brought more JOY into my life than I ever could have imagined.

He also loves to CLIMB, and Justin and I joke often that he will be the one we end up in the ER with the most often as he grows up (you know...with broken bones and the like). Of course, I HOPE this doesn't happen, but I think it probably will. He is most contented when moving fast, spinning around in circles, falling down, going down slides, jumping in the pool, etc. He doesn't seem to notice that he is still too young for most of these activities!! Gives me a heart attack!


Benny also LOVES music! He loves to play the piano, tries to play Grampie's trumpet, and will dance and clap his hands to any kind of music - the louder the better. Justin likes to listen to classic rock when driving around town, and this is definitely Benny's favorite as well. Pretty much, if there is a party-and it takes place before 7pm-he is THERE! After 7pm, and he will catcha in the AM.


No comments: