Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"Life gets Lifey"

I have a dear friend who likes to say (when things get rough)..."Life just gets lifey." This has become one of my favorite sayings, and now I say it more than anyone, probably. It is hard not to beat myself up for not blogging. I keep this blog to record stuff I want to share and remember, but finding the time to blog is a little harder than expected.  Blog posts without pictures are not exactly the bomb, but I post lots of pictures on instagram and facebook, so whatever.

Anyway...trying to maintain a positive attitude is a bit of a challenge for me these days because it seems like life just keeps getting lifey-er (like what i did there?)  As most people know, my hubs travels for work, and is gone most of the time from March-October (ish) so we are right in the thick of that.  In addition, my boys (adorable as they are) are extremely high-maintenance.  They are usually only happy when I am actively involved with them while at home, which means snuggling, helping them make play-doh shapes, watching their movies with them, coloring and painting right alongside them.  This sounds awesome and all (and it is...I cherish these moments and recognize they are fleeting) but I have things I need to do.  Laundry, making meals, cleaning up after meals, peeing, showering, brushing my teeth...you know, those simple luxuries you never realize are luxuries until you have small children.  When you are basically single-momming it all the time, there is not that extra set of hands that is necessary to get those things done. 

This is a regular occurrence in my house.
It is not always going this direction...
Benny does his share of picking on Hunter too.

So...I guess this is just me saying "Hi!" and letting you in on a little secret (shhh...this mom thing is not all roses and butterflies, it is HARD work - even when your kids are as cute as mine). 

The quality of this photo is awful, but that is
Benny showing off some silly moves. He is hilarious.
Cowboy Hunter, just resting after a long day on the range.
Overall, I am blessed beyond measure, and love these little ones with all that I am!
One day during breakfast, Hunter got up and said
"come on Benny, we need to do our stretches"
so Benny happily obliged.  I have no idea...

2 comments:

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

Life gets "lifey" around here, too. But, my kids are the best bosses I could ever have. :)

Sarah said...

Oh man, does life ever get lifey. I hope you don't mind if I steal your catchphrase!