Thursday, August 30, 2012

Gospel, Guns, Jail and a Train...what?

My mom and I took the boys to Silver Dollar City today.  I am off work in the middle of the week when school is in session, so the park is not so busy, which ROCKS!  Well, this is the "Southern Gospel Picnic" week, so a lot of gospel singing, which draws the "more mature crowd" so there were a lot of people there, but the average age was about 75.  This works out really well if you have little kids who love to do all the little kid things, but don't really like waiting (cough IMPATIENT cough).

So, it was a GLORIOUS day at Silver Dollar City.

First we had to ride the "boat with the guns" which is actually a flooded mine ride with these targets you can shoot at with the guns. The guns count how many targets you shoot. It is super-creepy but the boys LOVE it!
We did ride the train, which broke down a little bit when we were on it.  It wasn't really a big deal, but while we were waiting for them to fix it, we heard some interesting facts about the train.  One was that the actual steam trains they have at SDC were used during WWII by the GERMAN army.  um...I don't really know enough to say much, but it sort of creeps me out that our sweet little train might have Nazi ties. MOVING ON...

This is one of my favorite things at SDC, "Half Dollar Holler" which has this awesome area where kids jump on this rope/trampoline type thing.  My boys can work out their energy, not get hurt, and I can just stand there and watch "Mommy, take a picture of us, we are in JAIL!"

The steam train was blowing its whistle, so the boys were covering their ears. They are so cute (if I do say so myself)

Hunter riding his horse, just like a cowboy.
Benny Boo with his Mimi (he really was excited, he just doesnt look like it)
 So...that was our fun SDC trip.  When we got back, I transferred my sleeping babes to their beds, and i did DAY5 of the Shred, so here is my little "blurb" about that.

Day 5: Moved on to Level 2.  It was about the same difficulty level of 1, in my opinion (which is hard) but had a lot of plank moves.  One was the plank jacks where you hold the plank position and sort of do jumping jacks with your feet.  My shoulder has been bothering me a little bit the last few days, so i opted to do regular jumping jacks instead.  Other than that, I did the whole thing as directed, then decided to blog, so I am really in need of a shower.

if you will please excuse me, that is exactly what I am going to do...

Have a fabtastic day, people.

No comments: