Friday, September 14, 2012

Exercise Update

I have been keeping up with my exercise challenge MOSTLY. I have done either the 30 day shred or run 2 miles every day, except for the days I haven’t. Just a little reflection here, but I want to encourage anyone who is trying to incorporate exercise into their life that you not feel discouraged by days when you just can’t seem to make it happen. Some days I have things going on that prevent me from exercise. Those days happen. I am not beating myself up about them, I am just keeping in mind that there is always tomorrow. I do feel much better on the days I work out, and am stronger, and even losing a little bit of weight. As I have mentioned before, my main motivation is the ENERGY factor, and in that arena I am definitely seeing results. So, work out when you can…push yourself…but also don’t beat yourself up, it doesn’t do anybody any good. I am just going to continue to be honest about my workouts on here, and hope that it encourages somebody (maybe just me when I look back on it later).

Day 17 (Tues) – Took advantage of ridiculously awesome weather, and the fact I was off work, and went for a nice run. It was fab.

Day 18 (Wednesday) – took the day off from the workout. I had a hard time sleeping the night before, and was just really exhausted. It was one of those days that I had to focus on just making it through the day, which I did…so that is an accomplishment.

Day 19 (Thursday) – Ran again, beautiful day.

Day 20 (Friday) – I did Level 2 Shred with 5 pound weights, and didn't modify any moves. It was HAAAARD, but there is no way I could have done it a week ago. Getting stronger FO SHO!

By the way...you should here Benny say "exercise" he says it when he sees my tennis shoes and it is a-flipping-dorable!

No comments: