Monday, September 17, 2012

Friends

I read a blog post the other day about 2am friends.  These are some of mine.  I have been blessed with many amazing friends in my life, some of which I only talk to every so often.  Sometimes we find that it has been 6 months or more since our last conversation.  But...every time we see each other or talk we take up right where we left off.  I met Heather and Allison in college, and went through that crazy time together.  We were reminiscing yesterday about our college years, and let me just say...you don't want to know.

These girls hold a special place in my heart, and I was so privileged to be able to see them yesterday. The last time we were all together was for Allison's wedding (I was 20 months pregnant with Benny...at least I looked like it).  We have lived in different places over the past 8 years (what?) since college, but have always come together for the really important stuff.  Now Allison is expecting a little baby so it was time for a BABY SHOWER. 

I left fairly early on Sunday morning so I could maximize my time with these girls.  Heather rode the train in to St. Louis from Chicago, so I wanted to make sure and see them for more time than just the shower.  Well...I got to about Rolla, and Justin called me "um...honey? how come there is a present on the kitchen counter?"  I said "Oh, because I think it is awesome to drive all the way to St. Louis for a baby shower and FORGET THE PRESENT!" Dangit.  Not that Allison cares, she totally doesn't, but it just kind of sucks.  Oh well, I will just have to mail it to her.  

We had an amazing time (if not short).  I am so thankful for these friends.  They are the kind you definitely want to hold on to.  We are going to try to see each other more often now that Heather lives in at least the same time zone...but who knows, since there will soon be a new baby in the mix.  Either way, I do know that we will be very old ladies someday, and still eating Thai food and sugary snacks while talking about VERY inappropriate things.  It will happen, watch out. 

Reunited!!!

Glowing Momma
Allison and her sweet mom.  She is one of my most favorite friend-mom's ever!
My beautiful friend.

No comments: