Friday, September 14, 2012

Spiderman's Bday Blast (Part 1)

Hunter’s bday is tomorrow, so we had his family birthday party last night. We decided this year to have a big family party at home before his birthday, then to have a little fun adventure on his actual birthday (more about that after it actually happens…stay tuned). Hunter is very into Spiderman right now. Like OBSESSED! You will be able to tell that from his birthday stuff. He got quite a few presents for his birthday, but really only noticed one, the “real” Spiderman costume, complete with muscles.


His cake was from Price Cutter. I ordered it over the phone, and was a little nervous, since I know they do great cakes, and would have liked to go in person and talk with the baker to see what her ideas were. I didn’t have time for that, so I just called and said I wanted a round Spiderman cake. I was SO PLEASED with how it turned out. It was really really cool. When I brought it home, Hunter was over the moon! He kept saying “Thank you for my Spiderman cake Mommy, I really love it!” That child is just such a joy, he is very polite (unless he is in a bad mood) and grateful. He really amazes me sometimes.

Side note: this morning, he asked me "Mommy, what is the internet?"  I had no idea what to tell him. Random, but just thought I would share.


So, without further adieu, some photos from our awesome party:


our little family with J's grandpa, step grandma and great-grandma. So that would be my boys' great-great-grandma Dorothy.  She deserves all those greats, for sure!

J-Dogg with his Momma and Grandpa (different grandpa, obviously).

Hunter's Spiderman cake
Daddy tried to light the candles with a blow torch. Fail.

So Grampy came around with a more reasonable approach.

My boys, Benny watched closely when Hunter was opening presents, he was taking mental notes, I think. "Hmm....I am gonna be REALLY good at this by Christmas time."

I wish I could express to you how excited this child was when he got his Spiderman costume.  This smile might do it a little bit of justice, but it was absolutely awesome.
  
He had to show us how he spins his web.  For the record, Hunter loves wearing the mask, but I dont like it at all, I much prefer his sweet face.

Adi and Benny were really excited about the new workbench.  I still dont think Hunter has noticed it.
My boys are so very loved, and I love that!

No comments: